Lice in the Home
Lice in the Home
Fighting a lice infestation in the home can be overwhelming. Many people choose to call on professional technicians to come into their homes and perform on-site removal. Lice Treatment Center® technicians are on-call around-the-clock in locations across the country to perform this service.
What to Expect During an In-Home Lice Removal Session
- Our LTC-trained technicians will arrive at your home within a few hours of your call – armed with all the tools necessary to solve your lice problems. Our technicians are experienced and will be courteous and empathetic.
- We recommend that every person in the home or anyone who has had physical contact with the infested person be inspected for the presence of head lice or nits and be treated, if necessary. Our goal is to come into your home and get your family back to normal in the easiest, most cost-effective way possible.
- The technicians will apply LTC’s natural, non-toxic and organic products to treat the infestation and to facilitate the removal of live lice and nits (lice eggs).
- For each infested person, our technician will separate the hair into small sections and, using our special lice comb, inspect each hair strand and the scalp for live lice or their eggs (nits). The technician will then manually remove the bugs and nits strand by strand using a special magnifier and light to ensure thorough removal. This meticulous combing procedure usually takes two to four hours, depending on the level of infestation.
- Our technician will leave the infested person or persons with our Jolis Cheveux™ by LTC Treatment Oil still on the scalp. The treatment oil will kill any remaining live bugs (nits cannot be killed and must be physically removed from the hair).
- Any remaining treatment shampoo will be left with you for future use.
Treatment Steps for Your Home Furnishings and Car
It’s important to treat your home aggressively for the first three days following an LTC in-home head lice removal. Why just three days? Because a louse can potentially live for up to three days following the loss of its human host. The steps to follow are listed below.
On Day One
- Wash and dry all sheets and bedding.
- Place all stuffed animals either in the dryer for 30 minutes or in a sealed plastic bag for four days.
- Spray all upholstery and carpets with Jolis Cheveux by LTCTM Fabric and Upholstery Spray, wait 10 minutes, and vacuum thoroughly.
- Clean and vacuum your car and spray seats and mats with Jolis Cheveux by LTCTM Treatment Fabric and Upholstery Spray.
On Day Two and Day Three
- Put bedding in the dryer for 30 minutes. Washing isn’t necessary.
How to Handle Closets
- Retrieve items that are needed and put them in the dryer for 30 minutes before use.
- Seal closets for a minimum of four days, sealing openings around doors with plastic and tape.
- After day four, you may start using items in closet again.
We’re available around-the-clock to answer your home lice removal questions and to provide hands-on assistance. Call (888) LICE-AWAY or 888.542-3292.