How Do You Treat Head Lice?
When a head lice or pediculosis outbreak occurs in a home, family members often experience feelings of violation, panic and even helplessness. The reality is that contracting hair lice is one of the most common problems families face when children are in the home. The insects easily crawl from one child to another – especially in school situations where head-to-head contact is common.
Our Lice Treatment Center® technicians understand the trauma of having a lice infestation in the home and are here to help.
What Lice Treatment Center® (LTC) Provides
If you wish to tackle a lice infestation on your own, then it’s important to act quickly using our Lice Treatment Center home lice removal kit. All our products, branded Jolis Cheveux by LTC™, have been pediatrician-developed in-house, with children in mind. Our removal and treatment products for hair lice do not contain toxic chemicals, such as DEET or pyrethrin, and provide an effective treatment.
Each Jolis Cheveux by LTC™ Complete Lice Treatment Pack comes with the following hair lice products:
- Nit removal comb
- Head Lice Treatment Shampoo
- Head Lice Treatment Conditioner
- Head Lice Treatment Hair & Scalp Treatment
- Head Lice Treatment Fabric Spray
If you have questions while doing the head lice removal, contact us. We’re available around-the-clock to answer your home lice removal questions and to provide hands-on assistance. Call (888) LICE-AWAY or 888.542-3292.
Click here to view all Jolis Cheveux by LTC™ products.
2. In-Home Lice Removal Services
If someone in your family has a hair lice infestation, Lice Treatment Center® can send LTC-trained lice removal technicians right to your home to provide on-site hair lice removal. You will also receive tips and instructions for head lice prevention.
Here’s What to Expect during an In-Home LTC Lice Removal Session
- Our LTC-trained technicians will arrive at your home within a few hours of your call – armed with all the tools necessary to solve your lice problems. Our technicians are experienced and will be courteous and empathetic.
- We recommend that every person in the home or anyone who has had physical contact with the infested person be inspected for the presence of head lice or nits and be treated, if necessary. Our goal is to come into your home and get your family back to normal in the easiest, most cost-effective way possible.
- The technicians will apply LTC’s natural, non-toxic and organic products to treat the infestation and to facilitate the removal of live lice and nits (lice eggs).
- For each infested person, our technician will separate the hair into small sections and, using our special lice comb, inspect each hair strand and the scalp for live lice or their eggs (nits). The technician will then manually remove the bugs and nits strand by strand using a special magnifier and light to ensure thorough removal. This meticulous combing procedure usually takes from two to four hours, depending on the level of infestation.
- Our technician will leave the infested person or persons with our Jolis Cheveux™ by LTC Treatment Oil still on the scalp. The treatment oil will kill any remaining live bugs (nits cannot be killed and must be physically removed from the hair).
- Any remaining treatment shampoo will be left with you for future use.
We’re available around-the-clock to answer your home lice removal questions and to provide hands-on assistance. Call (888) LICE-AWAY or 888.542-3292.